Fire Safety on 4th of July
4th of July is coming soon! The best way to enjoy fireworks is to visit public displays held by trained professionals. When celebrating, people should remember to practice safety methods when lighting fireworks, building fires and cooking on a grill. Have fun, but most importantly be safe.
If fireworks are legal where you live and you decide to set them off on your own, be sure to follow these important safety tips:
- Observe local laws.
- Keep a bucket of water handy in case of a malfunction or fire.
- Read and follow all warnings and instructions.
- Never allow children to play with or ignite fireworks.
- Be sure other people are out of range before lighting fireworks. Never shoot a firework at or near another person.
- Only light fireworks on a smooth, flat surface away from the house, dry leaves, and flammable materials.
- Never try to relight fireworks that have not fully functioned. Douse and soak them with water and discard of them safely.
- Never ignite fireworks in a container, especially in a glass or metal container.
- Keep unused fireworks away from firing areas.
- Store fireworks in a dry, cool place. Check instructions for special storage directions.
Feel free to visit our website at SERVPRO of Old Saybrook for more safety tips.
Source : www.fema.gov