If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (860) 388-1776

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Electrical Power Cords Can Be Dangerous

10/10/2019 (Permalink)

Power cords on electrical appliances that are moved frequently receive a lot of abuse. The top electrical appliances that are constantly being moved around include: vacuum cleaners, blow dryers, phone chargers, etc. When cords are being moved so frequently, they can become damaged or ungrounded. Cord damage can also result when the cord is pinched, caught between or punctured by heavy objects such as legs on a desk. This damage could lead to a short circuit and result in a fire. Also, cords placed under stress, such as when a heavy appliance is hung by its cord, could eventually cause damage to the cord or plug. These power cords then pose serious hazards to users of the appliance including electrical shock and risk of fire.  When a power cord is damaged, the appliance should be removed from service and the cord replaced as soon as possible to reduce the risk of electrical shock, electrocution, or fire.

If you’ve faced a fire due to an electrical power cord issue, call SERVPRO of Old Saybrook. We can help make your disaster, “Like it never even happened.”

Other News

View Recent Posts