Storm Damage - What Should I Do?
If you find yourself with a flooded basement, leaking roof, or any other kind of water damage from our recent storms, here is a list of what you should do:
- Find where water is entering your home. If your home has a down tree, or any holes letting in water - call someone to stop the water source.
- Call your insurance company. Try to find if your damage can be covered by an insurance claim.
- Take pictures of everything! This is important for your insurance adjuster.
Start the water remediation process. Call a Water Damage Remediation company. You will likely need to remove water and dry out your home.
- Address any structural issues and find any "hidden" water. You don't want to leave moisture in between walls or ceilings to prevent mold, mildew, and structural decay.
If your home or business has been affected by our recent storms, SERVPRO® of Old Saybrook is here to help.
SERVPRO® of Old Saybrook offers specialized storm damage cleanup and repair services:
- Water extraction
- Flood cleanup
- Storm cleanup
- Advanced drying techniques
- Moisture readings
- Building restoration
- And more
We are available 24/7, 365 days a year for emergency water damage services.
We will work with your insurance carrier, and will help guide you through the entire process.