Preparing Your Old Saybrook Business For Winter Storm Damage
When winter weather hits, it can lead to property damage, employee injury, and possible business closures. Preparing your business before the storm is the best way to protect your property and minimize storm damages.
If you take these steps, your business will be able to more quickly recover from a storm damage loss.
Steps To Take Before A Winter Storm:
- Establish shelter locations on your property. If a winter storm suddenly hits, you need a space with enough room for all employees and any customers that may be in your business.
- Stock shelter with emergency supplies. Flashlights, batteries, fire aid, food, blankets - you know the drill!
- Determine any essential equipment or processes that rely on electrical power. Organize an emergency power source for these items.
- Determine a back-up heating source if power goes out. Use heating sources in well-ventilated rooms to avoid carbon monoxide buildup.
- Install smoke and CO2 detectors. Test them monthly and replace batteries twice a year.
- Maintain an inventory of all equipment and assets for your business in case of a loss. Insurance will need this information!
If you find yourself facing storm or water damage after a winter storm, call SERVPRO of Old Saybrook!
We are open 24/7, 365 days a year. We work with your insurance (so you don't have to!) and provide all customers with free estimates.