Furnace Puffback Cleanup in Old Saybrook, CT
For professional furnace puffback cleanup, you can call the soot and smoke damage specialists at SERVPRO of Old Saybrook for 24/7 services.
What Is A Puffback?
A puffback is a misfire in your furnace due to unburned fuel building up in the combustion chamber. When the excess fuel finally ignites, it creates a small explosion which produces soot and smoke. The smoke and soot from the puff back travels throughout the heating system of your home and deposits on to walls, floors, ceilings, and furniture.
What To Do After A Furnace Puffback
After a puffback occurs in your Old Saybrook home, smoke and sticky, black soot can cover every surface. Before you jump into cleaning soot and smoke yourself, stop! Puffback cleanup should be performed by a fire and smoke damage restoration company.
- Improper cleaning of smoke and soot residues can make the mess worse and harder to clean
- Vacuuming carpets or upholstered items can embed soot further into them
- Without the right chemicals or cleaning supplies, homeowners cannot neutralize smoke and soot odors from a puffback
After a furnace puff back, do the following:
- File an insurance claim
- Call an HVAC technician to repair your furnace or boiler
- Call a local smoke damage restoration company for professional cleaning services
- Wait to turn on your heating system until you have been told you can use it again
Puffback Cleanup Services
As a professional puffback cleanup company, SERVPRO of Old Saybrook can completely clean and restore your home of all soot, smoke, and odors after a furnace puffback.
Our team provides the following services for smoke and soot damage cleanup:
- Damage Inspection - A Project Manager will inspect the damages to your home and create a specialized smoke and soot cleaning plan for your Old Saybrook home.
- Equipment Set Up - Immediately after arriving, our team will set up HEPA filter air scrubbers to begin removing smoke and soot particles from the air. This aids in neutralizing odors.
- Soot and Smoke Cleaning - Our team performs a detailed cleaning of your entire home, ensuring that no soot or smoke is left behind. Upholstered items that can be saved will be cleaned as well.
- Air Duct Cleaning - Before our work can be complete, our team also provides an air duct cleaning to make sure no debris are left in your heating system which could damage your home again.
- Restoration - Once cleaning has been completed, restoration steps such as painting and refinishing are performed to restore your home to pre-damage conditions.