How To Handle Roof Water Damage in Killingworth, CT
Since your roof is the first line of defense against harsh weather, like heavy rains, wind, snow, and hail, it’s also one of the most vulnerable areas of your home.
Roof leaks can be a major headache, causing water stains, sagging drywall and mold growth, and even compromising the structural integrity of your home.
Below, we’ve outlined the main causes of roof leak water damage in Killingworth, CT, as well as the steps homeowners should take when they discover their roof is leaking.
Need Immediate Assistance? Call Us 24/7 - 860-388-1776
What Causes Roof Leaks?
The most common causes of roof water damage include:
- Wind damage
- Hail damage to shingles
- Tree through roof
- Ice dams
- Heavy rains
- Clogged gutters
- Damaged flashing
- Broken or missing shingles
How to Handle Roof Leak Water Damage in Killingworth, CT
- Move any furniture or belongings out of the way. The last thing you want is your personal items being damaged by the leak.
- Contain the leak. Grab a bucket or trash can to place under the leak to catch the water. By preventing the water from damaging your floors or spreading to other areas, you’ll minimize losses and help save money in the long run.
- Relieve the water pressure. If there’s a sagging bulge hanging from your ceiling, water is most likely accumulating in that spot. Use a screwdriver to puncture the center of the bulge to relieve pressure and allow the water to drain smoothly.
- Tarp your roof. Since it could take time for the roofing contractor to fix the source of your leaky roof, it’s important to patch your roof to prevent water from continuing to seep into your home. SERVPRO of Old Saybrook provides 24/7 roof tarping and board-up services to help secure your home and protect it against further damage from outside elements.
- Call a water damage restoration company. You want to seek professional assistance to quickly address all of the water damage from your roof leak. SERVPRO of Old Saybrook uses specialized moisture detection and drying equipment to ensure every affected area is properly handled.
- File an insurance claim. Homeowners insurance generally covers roof leaks if the cause is sudden and accidental, like a fallen tree or wind damage.
Expert Roof Leak Water Damage Repair in Killingworth, CT
24/7 Emergency Service
Water Restoration Specialists
Mold Remediation Services
Complete Restoration Services
Roof Tarps / Board Ups
Simplified Insurance Process
When you discover a ceiling leak from rain, the situation can be overwhelming. One of the most important things you can do is call a professional water damage restoration company with the resources needed to properly address the damages.
With over 15 years of experience in roof leak water damage repair near Killingworth and the surrounding areas, you can trust SERVPRO of Old Saybrook to handle any size roof water damage in Killingworth, CT. Our team of IICRC Certified specialists have all the experience, equipment, and supplies needed to provide the most expert and efficient service.
When you call SERVPRO of Old Saybrook for roof leak water damage repair in Killingworth, CT, we’re ready to make your ceiling leak from rain “Like it never even happened.”